Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Family Reunion

2 posters

Go down

A Family Reunion Empty A Family Reunion

Post by Chaos. Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:15 am

The world was still as Riku came face-to-face with Half-Blood Castle. It gloomed high in the sky, and seemed almost to conquer. To keep his face hidden, Riku simple put on his hood and kept on walking. He easily avoided notice by teleporting himself into the castle using his shadow abilities. From there he walked around the halls, trying to 'smell' his half-sister's presence. Once he got a scent, he teleported himself into her room. He spotted her in the corner, shocked at his presence. He was wearing a single black leather hooded coat. It is plainly adorned with a silver zipper and seemingly pointless silver beaded pull strings for the hood that form a semi-circle in the middle. He wore hakama-esque black pants and either knee high silver trimmed sneakers and black leather gloves that were barely visble inside his bell-shaped sleeves. "Don't you warrant me a hello, Rin?" He asked, after lifting his hood off and revealing his stern, emotionless face.

((Short.))
Chaos.
Chaos.

https://roto.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A Family Reunion Empty Re: A Family Reunion

Post by Rin Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:26 am

Rin turned the page in the manga that she was reading, her knees brought up to her chest. It was... good, for a zombie manga. Really good. If she didn't have a phobia of zombies at all, she would probably love it even more.
The goth pushed a strand of raven black hair behind her ear, appearing not bothered by how dark her room was at the moment. When she had began reading, it was light out - giving Rin no reason to turn on a light. Unfortunately the weather had a dramatic change, and her room was pretty dim.
I'll turn on the light after I'm finished this volume... Rin promised herself, blinking as she caught movement in the corner of her eye. Movement that wasn't there earlier.
Her expression was surprised as she looked up to see a hooded figure, about 5'6... judging from the figure's body shape and posture, it was a guy.
But, she wasn't alarmed at all, merely surprised. Heck, it took guts to teleport into the daughter of Hades' room.
She smiled when she realized who it was, ditching the Highschool of the Dead volume and walking over to him. So, she gave him her usual greeting: a headlock and a nuggie. "I suppose..." She replied, happy to see her half-brother. Rin let him go after a moment, placing her hands in her Escape the Fate sweater. "Long time no see."
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:42 am

"Indeed." Riku replied. He wasn't exactly sure how to start a conversation with his sister, but he decided to go for it. "This is your crib, eh? Not bad. But of course, I'm not just here to exchange greetings and farewells." Riku walked a few paces, and then turned his attention back at Rin. "Father has a proposition for us to accomplish. As you could tell, he doesn't exactly like us living with him in the underworld. However, due to my constant annoyance and ranting, he has offered us a reward in order to get me to shut up." He went silent for a moment, but then continued. "The reward is that we get our own rooms, each with whatever we want in them. Plus a den room, to hangout in; as a bonus: we each get a young hellbound pup of our own. Cool, eh? But thats IF we succeed. You in?"
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:59 am

Rin listened at the mention of their father, curious. She smiled briefly when he spoke about him not exactly liking us living in the underworld with him - heck, Rin didn't even like it... the only reason she reads zombie manga and watches Resident Evil is so she can get over her ironic fear of zombies. And then go to the underworld? She could manage, if she just pretended that they weren't dead and you see skeletons on a daily basis...
But, she was up to accomplishing a proposition. At the Half Blood Castle, it was downright boring, mainly because the other halfbloods generally stood away from Rin. But, at this point in her life she was used to it. Still - Rin was getting sick of being a loner, and wanted to do something. Anything. And being offered something to accomplish, was like a gift from heaven--er, the underworld.
Damn. He must be desperate to get Riku to shut up. She thought at the end, her mind mainly focused on the hellhound pup that was offered. To Rin, hellhounds were her favorite type of dog... now, why you ask? Let's just say that Rin figured out that Cerberus had a small cuddley side when you played with him...
"Oh hell yeah I'm in." She replied confidently, smirking lightly. Ok, if we succeed, I can get used to the underworld... I mean, just as long as the zombies don't chase me, I'll be fine right...? She thought. Now, if we succeed and that still doesn't shut Riku up, there's always ductape...
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 am

"What the heck is she thinking?" He thought. Riku watched as she stood for a moment, thinking her thoughts throughly. He wondered if she still had her zombie-phobia problem, as she had always seemed to dislike them. Yet along anything that was, well, dead. Heck, their more afraid of us. We're children of Hades, and most of us tend to 'smell' like death. Everytime he walked past a large group of zombies or anything dead, they would kindly get out of his way and let him pass. They would line up on the sidelines, and patiently wait as he passed. Once, when he was younger, a ghost had said "Hows it going, son of Hades? Nice cloak." Too bad the ghost no longer exists--literally. Turns out, a moment afterwards, Hades got rid of existence...permanently, just because he talked to Riku. He had always thought the dead were so kind, but that when he was younger and dim-whitted. When he began to feel fusterated, she finally spoke up. "Oh hell yeah I'm in." "Finally!" He wasn't sure how long he could have waited, as patience is what most children of Hades lack. "The mission is to destroy some small village here in Europe. Lets get moving, shall we?
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:42 am

Rin anime sweat dropped when he spoke about what their mission objective was. Destroy a village in Europe? Sure, she knew she could do it, but still...
She shrugged her shoulders after a brief moment, thinking: hey, no big deal, right? It wasn't even the fact that they were destroying the village. It was the fact that they were probably going to destroy homes of people who needed that village.
But, where would be the fun if it was a vacant village?
"M'kay. Lead the way?"
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:53 pm

"Alright. But if you still have your zombie-phobia, you might want to hurry and your fear. Cause after the mission, we must head back to the underworld immediately. Did I forget to mention that?" Now it Riku was enjoying every minute of this. A daughter of Hades, scared of dead stuff? Seriously? The fact she is emo, and more powerful than Riku, she happens to be afraid of zombies. "Come on, Rin, learn to face your fears. In the past, in that crazy spar we had, your abilities far outmatched my own. Yet your afraid of zombies? We might as well stop by Lake Lerna on the way and maybe you'll become more afraid of Willow than dead things." Yep, Riku was enjoying every bit of this.
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Rin smiled a little bit. Yeah, she was afraid of zombies, but would she show her fear openly to her brother? Hell. No. She had way too much pride to do that.
"Facing my fears is the reason I watch zombie movies. Besides, I don't mind that part of going to the underworld." As long as the zombies don't chase me. Rin added silently, replying confidently, looking him in the eye to show that she wouldn't let him get to her. But, at the moment she was glad that he didn't know she was afraid of lightning as well... Rin knew both of her fears were stupid, but at least she didn't hide under a bed when a thunderstorm came along or scream like a little kid when she saw a zombie. Nope, instead she just freezes up.
"Now, we going or not? Or... are you going to chicken out, little brother?"
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:22 pm

"The question is whether we will chicken out when it begins." Not taking any time to explain to her what he was talking about, Riku became engulfed in his own shadow and disappeared. Shadow Travel. But after he left, something lay on the ground before Rin. What lay on the floor happened to be a cute, little charm. The was a silver heart, with a skull imprint in the middle. A small tag note hanging on the side said: "Happy 16th B-Day, Sis". Probably the most recent gift she has recently been given, as their father barely sends them birthday gifts, nor a hello. For the last fifteen years of Riku's life, he only recieved two gifts from his father. A scythe and a cloak of invisibility.
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 pm

For some random reason, when he said 'it' Rin literally though of It the 'magical talking clown of doom and impending death' as she would put it. Though that movie was supposed to be scary, she was having too much fun mocking it to even know what it's about. All she knew was that movie was about some pedo clown who thinks that everything floats.
She kneeled down when she noticed something on the ground, smiling when she realized what it was. That's cute. She thought when she saw the skull imprint in the middle. She may have a phobia of the dead, but skulls on items were cute to her.
She put the charm in her pocket, noting to find something to attach it to soon, glad that she got something for her birthday. Rin didn't expect anything from her dad, but was happy to get something from another member from her family.
Rin stood, placing her hands out in front of her. Though she still had a pretty good idea of where the village was going to be at, she didn't want to make any mistakes like going to the wrong village.
From her beds' shadow formed an arch-shaped darker shadow, rising to be in front of Rin. She concentrated on keeping her energy relaxed and steady - if she were to become distracted, the gate would fail, probably hurting whatever was coming out or if Rin wanted to go in.
But, that wasn't the case.
Unfortunately, though she was able to manipulate shadow, she couldn't shadow travel yet. But, she could get a hellhound to shadow travel for her.
"Lireal..." She called loudly, leaning towards the gate. As if in response, was the sound of paws padding against the ground. The hellhound got out just fast enough, because when it left the gate it closed behind her, almost catching the hellhounds' tail. "Take me to..." She began, pausing. Well, she didn't know where her brother was exactly... "wherever my brother is." With that, Rin climbed onto the hellhounds' back, smirking lightly as the hellhound dived into the nearest shadow with a bark.
Well, how hard could destroying a village be?
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 am

{Exit}{Next topic has been posted}
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content