Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Side.

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lake Side. Empty Lake Side.

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:20 am

Sin sat outside by the large lake that spread out at a good 10 mile radius full circle. The sun shone down on the lake making it sparkle and glow a bright blue in the evening sun. Both feet were knee deep in the water the cooling liquid making him feel like he was in the clouds. Sin was laying back his eyes closed as he caught up on a small nap as the lake washed up moving back and forth. The undercurrents moved in a odd pattern flowing to the right and twisting around as if something was pulling the water into that direction.

Sin's eyes opened as he heard a call like a angel pulling him. He rose From his sitting position and looked out where two women sat on a rock in the middle of the lake that wasn't there before he felt peaceful as if he needed to go to the voices.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Lake Side. Empty Re: Lake Side.

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 am

Rose wandered out in the grounds, rubbing her eyes. She had been in the library studying and now her eyes weren't used to the bright sunlight. What was normal to the average person was too bright for her; she preferred the dark. Much more soothing. She wanted to go down by the lake though and sketch. She had seen a beautiful family of birds by the lake side the other day and was hoping that they were sticking around. She had her bag with her sketchbook, pencils, various erasers and a sharpener with her and she stretched her arms out as she trotted down the hill.

She saw another kid sitting by the lake. She sighed slightly. She didn't like being around others when she drew, but beggars couldn't be choosers. Then she noticed two women sitting on a rock in the lake. The kid seemed to be drawn to the voices and she froze. Sirens. They must be. She grimaced and broke into a run, stuffing her fingers into her ears. She knew, from her experience with her sister, that when you heard that song you wouldn't listen to reason. She sprinted down the hill. "Hey!" she shouted at him, her fingers still blocking all sound out. She kicked him in the shins for good measure, to see if he would notice.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:34 am

Sin ignored the woman and slid under the lake suddenly coming to his senses his eyes flashed above him the water swirled around the lake before crashing hard against said rock. The sirens screamed trying to get away from the hungry waves and with a flash they vanished. Sin floated up looking around trying to figure out what happened before noticing the woman. "Um hi there. Sin smiled water always made him giddy and nice to be around it was when he was out of the water that he got ticked off and went loner again.

His eyes flicked noticing her materials and smiled. "Are you a artist? He jumped out of the lake landing on his feet actually jumping out of the lake as if he was on a spring board. He landed easily and sat down leaving the water on him it felt too nice to wipe off. "I'm new here. he turned his head looking back at the large rock that now jutted out. "Hey what happened to those voices?

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:43 am

Rose looked at him, her 13-year-old brain trying to work out who this... for lack of a better word, moron was. "Hello," she said, her voice ringing out in a soprano. "Yes, I'm an artist, and those voices were from sirens. Did you not notice them when you were coming down here?" she asked, brushing a strand of curly red hair out of her face. She looked back up and frowned in the direction where the sirens had been. "They're not supposed to be able to get onto the grounds," she said quietly, looking disturbed.

She looked back at the boy. He seemed to be about her age, an inch or so taller, and more heavy. She also was perturbed by his ease at which he jumped out of the water and landed. It was a little too well done for her taste, but she ignored that. He must just be athletic.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:48 am

Sin shook his head as he looked out over the water. "Not at all there wasn't even a rock it was just smooth water. He tilted his head looking at the red head with a odd look. "Your aura shows someone who looks down on others also it changes with your mood. He stood up taking his shirt off and slid waist down into the water laying his own long red hair on the bank and closed his eyes letting the cool breeze and gentle movements of the lake set his mind at peace.

His voice spoke from what looked like a sleeping kid. "Who is your parent. He turned his head staring at the rock wanting to swim out there and see what was on that rock. "hey you want to do something fun? He tilted his head towards the rock to see if she caught his drift.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 am

Rose blinked. "Look down on others...?" she asked, sounding confused. "I don't think..." she cut off though when she realized what he had said, and she blinked several times. Why would he be able to sense that deep into her aura? Only her sister could do that. Then she heard him speak again. "I'm Rose. Rose MacBeath. Who are you, if you don't mind me asking?" she asked, tilting her head to one side.

Then she saw him pointing out towards the rock with a grin. She looked back out at it and back at him. "You want to swim out to the rock?" she asked, a smile playing at her lips. She lifted her bag off of her and set it down carefully next to a large stone, leaning it against it so it wouldn't fall into the water. She looked back at him. "You first," she said with a mischievous smile.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:03 am

Sin laughed as he moved under water and took off speeding across it like a dolphin. the water seemed to split in front of him helping his movements. Sin rose up for air and noticed he was already a good 2/3ds of the way there and decided to wait. He positioned his body so he floated on the lake his eyes closed as he waited for the girl to come along. His mind shifted as the water under him heated up just a little before twisting. Sin's eyes shot open as a large eel flew by and by large it was a good 100 feet long with boiled white flesh and eyes the color of crimson.

Sin shot back in the water as the eel struck forward trying to wrap the young swimmer in it's body and crush him. Sin vanished under water his hand flashed out landing a hammering blow on the eel's face and shot it a good 50 feet back which wasn't much considering it's body length.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:11 am

Rose watched him go, her mouth open a little, before kicking her shoes and socks off and diving in. She started to swim, when she saw a huge eel jump out of the water. She froze and mentally slapped herself for not bring any sort of weapon. Then she realized she still had a knife in her bag and she started to swim back towards it. It was the only thing she had to fight the eel off with. Suddenly she heard something gliding towards her. She turned slightly and saw the eel swimming towards her, impossibly fast.

She stopped in the water and turned, reaching her hand out to a stone. She could feel the minerals in it and the metals. It was full of iron, that one, and she began to unbalance it and another rock. They both shuddered slightly, before shooting off away from each other. One of them sped off , embedding itself into a tree slightly up the hill. Another shot into the water. She ducked and it hit the eel. She grimaced as she saw that the eel was only knocked back, and she resumed swimming, hoping that it wouldn't get a grip too soon and come back after her.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:18 am

Sin slammed into the eel from behind wrapping both arms around it's neck and pulled back to keep it's attention off the other girl. The eel thrashed around trying to force the young kid off but the harder it moved around the tighter Sin's hold got on it's throat, Suddenly water began to spin around them forcing a dry area where the eel laid trying to get back into the now split water. Sin roared pulling back his arms tightening on the lower jaw and slammed his right foot down on the back. Sin pulled his muscles straining as a loud rip was heard and the head was removed. Sin stood there holding the head of the eel the body having turned to dust as water crashed back on the young boy.

Sin floated up to the top thrusting the head out of the water as dark red blood poured down. "I slayed you beast of hell. His eyes roamed over filled with a savage delight at what he had done. He swam to the Rock in the middle and climbed up looking around and waved for the girl to join them.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:25 am

Rose had grabbed her knife and turned when she saw the water being sucked away. Her eyes bugged out. "Holy mother..." she whispered. She looked back at the boy as he killed the eel and the water poured back in. She swallowed hard. What was going on? First monsters start to appear on castle grounds. Next a kid who, from the looks of his powers, was probably the son of Poseidon, one of the great three. She dropped the knife as he swam to the rock.

She jumped back in and swam swiftly over. "Wot was that?" she asked, her expression still shocked as she looked at him. "I've never seen anyting like it!" Her scottish accent, which she normally tried to tone down, came back at full force as she stared at him.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 am

Sin looked at her a little shocked at her accent and went to his own thick Irish accent. "I don't know what is going on all i know was that eel wanted a fight so I gave him one. He raised the head up the boiled white head staring out from dead eyes. "My trophy this eel won't hurt anyone no more. Sin sat back crossing his arms and looked down at it. "it's odd these things seem to find me I was told I would be safe here guess that didn't count for the lake. He looked around trying to figure out what was going on. "What is it about me that attracts these things?

Sin looked at the lake so calm and peaceful and wondered how a eel like that could have survived in clear water seeing how most eels lived in the sea itself. He turned his head noticing bones laying all around them skeletons of hundreds of different things. "Who would allow something like this to be here?

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 am

She was a touch surprised at his own accent, but the other things that had happened overruled that. She looked down at the head. "Its a good ting its dead ten..." she said. She looked back up at him. "I would've tought tat tey would've explained that ter you," she said, planting her hands on her hips. "Its gotta be your godly parent. Whoever he.. or she is." Then she also stared down at the bones. "We can kill teh monsters for training... most of teh time they don't allow them here without a training exercise in place tough," she said, frowning slightly.

She looked back up at him. "Do yah know who your godly parent is ten?" she asked curiously. Then she realized she had never gotten his name. "Oh... and I don't think I know your name yet," she said, looking up at him.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Sin looked up at her laying the head next to him thinking what he could use it for. "They tried to tell me but every time they tried thunder would rumble and they go quiet I don't know. Sin looked down at the bones picking one up. "This is a human femur bone....What i was asking is where did this rock come from? Sin looked out at the Lake wondering what else had slipped in to get at him. he spun around trying to look at his spine. "Is there a target on my back i don't see?

He sat back down and picked up a rock throwing it hard. The rock soared through the sky before landing in the water before too long a large fin slid out of the water and vanished back into the lake. "Um ok I don't think anyone summoned that. Sin looked at the girl trying to figure out how to get them back to shore. "Man a sign from whosoever supposedly god's son i am would be helpful.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Rose shook her head. "Well... if there was thunder... Ah don't tink Ah would be teh best person to tell yah then," she said, fiddling with a piece of her shirt. She wrung out the excess water from it and looked up to see the rock soaring away and landing. As the fin came up she frowned again. "This is not good..." she said, her expression a mix of worried and disbelief. "Ah can't believe that teh head would've authorized this many monsters here," she said, peering down into the lake like the answer would just appear to her.

She looked back up at the boy at his next comment. "A sign, thats what happens most of teh time for godly children. Their parents send a sign. Actually nowadays tey are required too." She made a face. "Of course, they often take their sweet time doing it." She sat down next to him, fiddling with some stones on the ground. "So, when did yah arrive here?" she asked curiously.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Sin looked out over the water a thought occurring to him. "What if the headmaster doesn't know? He looked over at Rosa and chuckled. "It's Sin. He stood up walking over to the edge and slid his hand in it before jerking it back as a large pair of teeth tried to slam close on it. "OK here is the scoop, were stuck on a rock surrounded by a lake full of all sorts of monsters! I have no control over whatever it is I can do and have no idea who my father is. Sin leaned down staring at the water looking into great golden eyes. "I would ask if there was anything you could do but i doubt it in a situation like this.

Sin walked to the middle of the rock and sat down. "In the water I am excellent however the number games would drag me down and rend me to shreds. He stopped as he began to go over the gods in his mind. "Water...water... The Sea...the love of all water...Poseidon. He looked over at the girl and laughed. "My father is Poseidon. He looked up expecting a bolt of lightning to strike him down.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Rose swallowed. "If teh head doesn't know tat makes it almost worse..." she said, chewing on her thumbnail nervously. She looked back up at him as he started to speak again. "You're right. Ah'm not tat useful in a situation like this. Water isn't my strong point." She watched him as he sat back down and slowly began piecing together what she had suspected. She swallowed hard again. "Ah agree with tat idea..." she said quietly.

She also glanced up slightly, as if they would be struck down. Then she looked back at him. "If he is you're father, then tis might be teh perfect time to test that theory, because Ah don't think we can go anywhere at teh moment," she said, looking back into the water as though it would bite. That was silly though. It was only the things in the water that would bite.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:27 am

As the monsters drew nearer, it seemed like all hope was lost. Then the breeze picked up and the water began to stir. The monsters looked up above, only to see a clear sky and a few clouds. They stared curiously at Sin, as if frozen at his appearance. But it wasn't his appearance that bothered them, though he did have a few ance pimples on his left cheek. Above his head, hovered a small trident. It was glowing green, and smelled of the sea. It was true--Sin was a son of Poseidon.
Chaos.
Chaos.

https://roto.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 am

Sin stood up feeling a new surge of energy go through him as he stared at the symbol and laughed. His hands opened up to the lake as he concentrated feeling for the currents of the deep and soon found them. Sin laughed at his new found power sliding his hand's apart the lake opened up flying up like massive tidal waves on both sides leaving a clear path for them to walk through. "Ha how is that for doing something. Sin jumped down walking through the open path feeling happy for once not only for his new found power but now he had a person to turn his wrath on vengeance would be his one day.

Sin stopped in the middle of the lake and waited fro Rosa as he stared deep into the waters he saw the faces of the monsters and decided they shouldn't be in his lake. The currents moved faster around the monsters gathering them into one place, A roar was heard from deep under the Lake as the water began to spin but instead of going down it went up high into the sky a tornado made purely of spinning water with all the monsters trapped inside. Sin felt tired and dizzy but he pushed with his power until the water tornado was no longer in sight. Sin laughed finally he knew what he was finally he had a purpose.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Rose stared up at the trident. "Hoo boy..." she whispered as he cut a path and started to walk through it. She ran through as well, catching up to him, and watched as the monsters were sucked deeper into the lake. Then she looked back at him. "Be careful. You're using up a lot of energy right now," she warned, looking up nervously at the water that was held completely still by his powers, leaving them a path. She motioned for him to follow as she walked, quickly, to the other side and started to climb out.

She looked back to see if he was following. 'This is not good. Another child of the big three... there are more of them then I had expected,' she thought. She mentally chuckled at the rate of which the three olympian brothers had broken their promise. Liars, the lot of them. Then she frowned slightly. He certainly had good control over his powers. It was quite strange, really.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Sin made it to the other side before the lake crashed back together. Sin dropped onto all four's breathing hard his body drenched in sweat after having held back so much water. "Wow that was....oh man what a rush. He stood up looking out over the lake noticing every detail of it even seeing deep into the currents. "I will never look at the sea the same way again. Sin sat down crossing his legs as he watched the movement of the lake a smile on his face. "You know I always planned to snap my fathers neck when i met him and here I am son of the god of the sea... that is just overwhelming.

He looked back at Rose his face changing going serious "That doesn't mean I forgive him for what he did in fact it makes it worth, we lived on a ISLAND surrounded by water it would take 2 seconds. He growled staring at the water.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Rose knelt down beside him as he collapsed, a look of concern on her face. As the lake refilled she was sprayed slightly with water, and she lifted her hand to shield her face from the droplets. Then she looked back at him, before sitting. "Snap your fathers neck?" she asked, sounding a little confused. She knew some people were bitter about their parentage, but she didn't think anyone was that bitter. Then she became really confused. "Wat he did...?" she asked, watching him and trying to figure out what he meant by that.

She used to be sad about the fact that her mother never visited her, but she had known that she probably would have other things to worry about. After all she was a god. But she still could understand the anger at having a parent who knew you were alive but never gave you the time of day. Murderous intent though, she didn't get. Rose was a peaceful person in general, which made it all the more confusing.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Sin looked at her and smiled standing up. "It's nothing you need to worry about in fact i em exhausted after that. He winked at her before walking off heading towards the castle thinking how he would be switched to the room of the man who had ruined his mother a peaceful kind woman who was taken by godly charm her dreams dashed when he impregnated her and then fled without so much as a good bye. That was no man that was a bludder and deserved the greatest punishments death itself.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Rose frowned slightly and wrung her hair out, before grabbing her bag and trotting after him. "Are you sure its nothing?" she asked, peering into his face, her expression almost calculating. She had a feeling there was something else. When he had said 'what he did' there had been hate behind what she said. That was another thing she didn't understand. Extensive levels of hate.

She waited to see if he'd speak again, so she adjusted her book in her bag so it wouldn't stick into her side, before looking back up at him.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Sin stopped and looked at her his eyes burning with anger. "How do you do it, How does anyone do it? The gods Prey on mortals like there nothing but animals to breed, And when were born that cast us away wanting nothing to do with us as if we are a stain on there good names. Sin spat on the ground his fist tightening. "I would like nothing more than to see them gone from this world the filthy self righteousness monsters, There no better than what i just killed none at all they feed on us like leeches and expect are worship. Sin continued towards the castle amazed that any of these kids could accept what the gods had done.

Sin spun around looking at her. "Did your parent ever send you a card or visit you once, Did they help your mortal parent with your growing up were they involved at all? Sin hit the ground looking up at her. "My father is the god of the sea we lived on a island he can be at any place in the world in a nanosecond and never once did he come by or help my mother. Sin slammed his hands on the ground. the ground rumbled before shaking under the anger of the son of the sea god. "My mother was a dancer a beautiful and talented dancer then one day a man rose from the sea as handsome as she can ever imagine she fell for him hard he spoke words of honey into her ears when it was poison, She loved him he used her impregnated her and vanished. Sin rose the ground shaking harder as it roared. "He ruined her life she never speaks of this but i see the look in her eyes she was betrayed her life destroyed and what does POSEIDON CARE NOTHING, he cares nothing for what he did. Sin turned as the ground shook and walked towards the castle.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 am

Rose froze as he began to rage and yell. Her eyes widened slightly. She had a feeling this was only the tip of the iceberg when it came to his father and mother. "In a lot of cases both teh humans and teh gods are in love. But if the child knows about their heritage, they attract more monsters sooner. There are things gods have to do to protect their human mates or children," she said nervously. She didn't react well to anger. Her normal reflexes when confronted with it was to shut down.

Then she shook her head. "No, Ah haven't met my mother, an' Ah can understand how you feel. But Ah know my father was in love with her, and she with him. It wasn't just her wanting physical pleasure or anyting." She blushed slightly as she said it. Then she felt the shaking. She grounded herself more sturdily and watched him warily. "Is it really his fault? Ah know that he is in the wrong but Ah don't know if blame can really be readily assigned in a situation like... well, for lack of a better word, ours." She followed him, staying a few feet behind him. She didn't want to goad him into doing anything
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum