Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's The Use? (Invite Only)

4 posters

Go down

What's The Use? (Invite Only) Empty What's The Use? (Invite Only)

Post by Rose MacBeath Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Rose sat in the huge room that functioned as a study hall/library. She had trained her butt off that day, so instead of her usual class in greek she was brushing up on her Arabic. Rose preferred by far the intellectual pursuits to the physical ones, and while she trained her body a lot, one of her favorite things to do was to study languages. To her knowledge, she was one of the only demigods who had never suffered from dyslexia. Her sister joked that she had gotten extra dyslexia instead of Rose getting any. To Rose though, it made up for her weaker abilities.

While she wasn't physically gifted like Ophelia, her sister, was, she could memorize things with ease and understand slight nuances in speech patterns. She was studying several languages and wanted to be a linguist, but at the same time... it didn't make up for her hopelessness in practically anything active. She leaned back as she went over this in her mind for the fiftieth time. She often the thoughts to guilt her into more training. She didn't want to get killed by a monster, but she knew that it would just make her feel useless. Who needed a linguist in the world of demigods anyways? She went back to looking over the page in the book she was struggling to translate, running her finger down it too turn it. She accidentally cut herself open and grimaced. "Stupid," she muttered, sucking on her finger. She looked around the room as she sucked, looking to see if anyone else was around.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

What's The Use? (Invite Only) Empty Re: What's The Use? (Invite Only)

Post by Sin Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Sin sat in the library with a large group of books strolled over the largest desk in the library, it was full of books on the gods and monsters of the Greek world Sin had made a promise he would never be at a disadvantage again. Sin had been studying Poseidon for 3 hours and had every story memorized sadly his dyslexia was giving him headaches but he refused to quit. So far Sin had gone from A and was now on O in the monster compendium he wanted no needed to know all the monsters.

Sin looked up and spotted Rose he gave her a glare before turning back to his books he didn't have time for questions he needed to learn these monsters and there weaknesses and histories.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Rose stretched, before seeing Sin. She was about to ignore him and turn back to her book when he glared at her. She paused and stared at him. "Now wat was that for?" she asked, her eyebrows raised, one of her hands resting on the page of arabic, her notebook laying open next to it. She tightened her high ponytail that was holding her curls in place, still waiting for his response.

She hadn't seen much of him since the lake, except for when dinning and a couple of times during training. She supposed he was still angry at her inquiries. She obviously hadn't been helping him at all. Quite the contrary, it appeared all she had done was made him more mad. She caught sight of the large tomes of monsters in front of him and her other eyebrow promptly flew up to join the other.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Sin looked up at her his eyes boring into her. "What? He turned back to his compendium nearly to S in monsters working on the weaknesses. "Hm interesting. He turned the page before leaning back holding his head. Sin didn't understand why more demigods weren't down here studying monsters he would never be at a disadvantage he would know what he was facing and how to kill it. Sin stopped as he noticed something and opened the back of the book in it were a list of demigods and there powers but most of all the weakness of there heritage. Sin laughed sliding the paper into his pocket it didn't speak of individuals but of there hereditary weaknesses.

Sin continued back to the book he was only at S and needed to get to Z and maybe some extra information if there were monsters who had never been fully cataloged.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Rose eyed him as he slid the paper into the pocket. "I was talking about teh glare," she said, pretending that she hadn't noticed the paper as she made a note in her notebook. She was slightly stuck on one sentence so she started running through the possible translations that made sense in her head until she found it. Then she looked back at him.

She doodled absently on her notebook as she watched him reading, frowning slightly. He still seemed angry. It was frankly... unnerving. "If Ah may ask... what are you studying?" she asked, peering at the books and hoping to figure out if it was just her being paranoid and not him actually still angered. She could see he was studying monsters, but she wasn't sure if he was looking for one in particular.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Sin looked at her narrowing his eyes. "Maybe i don't like people snooping into my business. He looked back down changing to the Z's section he was nearly done he had every monster memorized by looks and aspects including weaknesses and vulnerable areas. Sin looked up at her scratching his finger nails into the wood. "I unlike most of idiots here am studying monsters that way if something comes at me I know what it is and how to take it down you should try it.

Sin finished the last monster and grinned he was well known for his photographic memory and now he had every monster and weakness memorized not to mention the note on hereditary weaknesses of demigods. He would find the fatal flaw of his family and use it against them. Sin slid the book into his bag as he looked at her. "Languages is a good thing to study too.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Rose stared back down at her book. "Who says I haven't tried it," she said, sounding monotonic. "Ah've been here longer ten you." Rose had almost given up trying to be nice to him. She had liked him at first, and she knew he had things that had happened in his life to justify the way he seemed to act, but Rose knew almost every kid in the place had had a similar first reaction of anger when they first arrived. She looked back at him as she heard a book close across the quiet, empty room, slightly startled to see he had finished reading so quickly. Then she smiled slightly. "Thanks," she said to his remark about language.

She eyed the huge books. It was a bit of a mystery to her how he could have finished reading the entire things so fast. "Ah didn't know that Poseidon's kids had speed reading as a special ability," she said, her tone joking, but her expression still surprised. She looked back down at her book, remembering the word she had been trying to remember was the proper translation, and she wrote it down, before closing her eyes and leaning back. She was still stuck on that one sentence. It was driving her mad.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Sin stood up and walked over looking over her shoulder and down at the book going over the line and smirked. "We don't I love to read and the faster i read the less my dyslexia bothers me. Sin slid his hand down onto the word and looked at rose. "Don't try reading it just one way go backwards and try starting at the middle it breaks the words down into letters and your mind can process them faster and make it easier to understand. Sin moved his hand and slid his bag onto his shoulder. "And smile once in awhile you look like a boring cat fish. With that sin walked back to his table and sat down taking out a book on the Greek gods themselves a little more study would help.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 pm

She jumped slightly as he spoke from right behind her. She glanced up at him, before looking back down at the arabic words. She looked up at him as he pointed out how to read the words better, and cracked a smile. "Don't worry. Ah'm actually not really dyslexic. It's just the arabic that is a little difficult to read. Ah haven't met anyone else who seems to have figured out how to get around the reading problem though." She glowered at him as he told her she should smile more. "Ah smile plenty," she said, before realizing how stupid that sounded paired with her expression and she snorted slightly at herself.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Sin looked up at her and chuckled before going back to his books on the gods and walking to the shelves grabbing a book on the minor gods and the titans plus there personal minions. Sin dropped the 5 books onto the table and opened all 5 to there cover pages his eyes roaming over each page working 7 books at once. His eyes flew over the words locking them into his memory as he summed up skills, powers, and control. He advocated monsters that were even myths to there world and marked them out but only after reading up on them.

Sin slid the books into his bag and sat back staring at the roof like the others it showed the gods and the only one sin was looking at was Poseidon his eyes cold and deep as the arctic ocean. "I can't wait to meet you oh father of the seas.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Rose went back to her book, smiling slightly to herself. She gave a sigh of happiness as she finally figured out the sentence and jotted it down. Then she moved to the next paragraph. She was three sentences into it when she heard him say something. She looked up at him. "If you don't mind... what are you planning on doing when you meet him?" she asked quietly, looking down at her book, listening hard for his answer.

She was slightly startled by the next line to be translated. She was translating a novel, and the next sentence she knew immediately. It read, 'And I will let his blood run through my fingers as I stab him through his heart,'. She shuddered slightly, the first thing jumping to her mind was this being an omen of what Sin had planned for Poseidon. Of course... gods couldn't die. It still unnerved her though.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Sin looked at her turning his cold eyes on Rose and smiled so he looked truly demonic. "I plan to show him what it means to lose everything that is precious. Sin slid the list from his pocket and began to study it most of the kids would be too weak to truly face him untrained fools. "Rose if you met your mother what would you do? He looked up at her waiting for her reaction he liked to make people feel less of themselves something about crushing mental strength that made him stronger.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Rose looked at him, her large brown eyes uneasy. Her eyes slid towards the list of paper. "If I met my mother... I don't know what I'd do. I've never met Nyx," she said, telling him the name of her godly parent for the first time. Then she realized something, putting the list of names together with what he had said. "What are you planning to do? Kill his other children?" she demanded, hoping to the gods she was wrong.

Her eyes were wide and shocked, she had jumped out of her chair, shuddering slightly. She was barefoot, her sandals having been discarded by her under her table. She stared at him, reading his expressions, waiting for his answer.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Sin laughed laying the list down looking at her. "I doubt my father truly cares about the other demi gods. Sin stood up looking at her a look of blood chilling coldness on his face. "But things will come to pass that will make the gods hide and the demi-gods cringe in fear. Sin closed his fists staring at the girl in front of him. "I will make a mark on this world so destructive and sickening it will make the demi gods in the future shudder so badly half blood will be a curse and Hades underworld a paradise. Sin sat back looking over the list suddenly Nyx's name suddenly appearing with her kids name. "Oh this is interesting.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Rose's eyes widened. "You're... insane..." she muttered, staring at him in shock and horror. "Would you're mother have wanted tis?! Tat's why you're doing tis right?! To avenge her? You are just a demigod! Compared to the gods, we are nothing!" she shouted, taking two steps towards him as she yelled. Then she swallowed, shrinking back slightly as he looked down at the paper.

"Interesting...?" she asked, her voice hinting at nervousness, and slightly at fear. She didn't know what her heritage meant to him. Nyx wasn't even that powerful anymore. In the world of demigods, Rose was one of the least powerful.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Sin looked at her and smiled. "We are only nothing if you believe that, We are made for a reason each of us can take a god down or a titan or actions shape the world if only you believe it. Sin watched her come forward and smiled waiting for her actions the fear in her voice was easy to identify. Did you know Nyx's kids apparently hate bright lights..huh not what i would call a weakness but something interesting to think about. "my mother no she wouldn't want this but everyone has there own ways of doing things i plan to make my father pay for his crimes and to make those diseases we call parents pay for there crimes against us. Sin slid the paper over so she could see it. "Each god there has ruined lives, destroyed cities killed thousands and none of them have ever been punished. Why are they allowed to do these crimes and not pay?

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Her eyes narrowed. "Because they protect mortals all the same," she said, glaring at him. "I'm not saying I agree with the gods, far from it, they've done so many things to hurt people. But people have tried to stop them before. Until people stop believing in them, they can't be destroyed." Rose would be lying if she hadn't been tempted to punish the gods. They had taken her mothers powers away from her for something she hadn't done.

She had forgiven her mother long ago. She protected Rose as she could, but there were other gods that did nothing. What would it be like if they paid... paid for their crimes. She shook her head slightly. She couldn't be thinking like that, the gods did good things too. She could tell that what she was thinking was probably changing the emotions on her face, but she looked up and glared at Sin. "Who says we are the ones to condemn them for their... well, sins?" she asked, crossing her arms.

Last edited by Rose MacBeath on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Sin looked at her. "If not us then who? why not us? why can't we make a difference in this world? Sin walked around understanding he may have a potential ally. "I have read of Nyx how they punished her for deeds not hers, How they tore her powers away and condemned her as a traitor. Sin smiled sitting on the table in front of Rose. "Think of what you could do for your mother the new queen of the gods Nyx she will be better than Hera and Zeus both who are as greedy and treacherous as any other god. Sin laid a hand on Roses shoulder looking into her eyes his own as calm and warm as a sunny sea. "Rose your mother didn't deserve that and you don't deserve to be shunned because of what the gods did to your mother.

Sin smiled a heartfelt warm smile his mind working fast. "Imagine how proud your mother would be if you yourself helped to raise her to queen of the gods you would be a heroin remembered forever. You can show the gods that we are not nothing that we are important all of us you can work with me Rose.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:43 pm

OOC: The battle of Manhattan never occurred, nor has any of the events that are apart of the PJ series.
Chaos.
Chaos.

https://roto.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:22 pm

OOC: Got it. Edited my previous post.

IC: Rose could clearly see the picture he painted. Before the olympians Nyx had been born of Chaos, along side her siblings like Tartarus and Gaia. She had been one of the most powerful forces. But then she had been stripped of her powers, by something thousands of years younger. She felt wistful. Her mother would be so much better then the olympians, she was sure of it. She had heard of a time before even the titans, when only the primordial gods ruled. Equal footing for everything, balance.

Then she felt a shadow fall over it. Ruler... why should there be a ruler? If there was no such thing, wouldn't it work so much better. In fact... if there were no gods, no titans, just the direct children of Chaos. Nyx, Gaia, Erebus... destroy the gods... the titans... free humanity from their stench. Like Sin was saying. 'Like Sin is saying...' she thought. Then she jerked back to reality. She wasn't extremely religious. She believed in the gods, greek, egyptian, norse, etc. because there was proof. She didn't deal in the metaphysical, but the reality of it.

The ideas he was giving her were great, but who says that the world would be so wonderful? No one knew what it had been like before the fourth age, the age of the titans. Humans hadn't even had fire then. No one could remember back that far... except for the deities who lived there. "I... don't know..." she mumbled, talking more to herself then to him. If there were no olympians or titans... would humans be more at one with the sky... the earth... the night? She knew they were disconnected, would the absence of the gods, who ruled over many human things: agriculture, which destroyed the land; war, which had killed billions, change that?

If they were gone... if they were gone... could humans live without them? That was the big question. Again, she could feel her emotions and thoughts playing out across her face. She felt at war within herself, unable to make a choice. Who even needed a ruler? Why not just let the universe roam free?
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Sin felt her aura pulsing she needed gentle nudges very gentle nothing but the most softest of touches for a mind so conflicted. "Are maybe we will just be rid of them all no more gods or titans to hold us back why should there be rulers no we get them all gone then we leave humanity to embrace life there rule will no longer effect those that have no protection against them. Sin smiled he needed to stay his own personality but also be softer let his voice be the voice of reason and serene understanding. "Your mother will be so proud of you to know that the blight of the gods that had done what they wished and used humanity for there petty squabbles to get at each other. Sin had read many stories the same as Rose. "Remember how Medusa was punished because Poseidon decided to play her in Athena's temple. How a simple girl who refused to fall in love went to Artemis for help then Aphrodite made the poor girl fall in love with a bear just to make Artemis pay. They have turned families against each other destroyed innocent lives who only wanted to live there lives.

Sin placed both hands on Rose's shoulders looking into her eyes. "They are more wicked than good Rose a titan gave us fire not the gods and he was punished if not for that one brave entity we would still be scrounging in the mud playthings for the gods this time. Sin opened his book to a young boy slicing his fathers throat. "Ares made a 7 year old boy do that because a general refused to fight a war. He turned another page to lightning flashing down. "Zeus destroyed a whole city because it chose to worship another god. Sin closed the book a mirror on top reflecting the images of the gods. "they bring very little good to us they hold us back they are a disease wound that needs to be severed, You and I can do that together we are not weak or helpless.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Rose's eyes narrowed. She remembered of the story of Medusa quite well. It was one of the reasons she despised Poseidon, and didn't think much of Athena either. She knew, when she was thinking rationally, that as the child of a 'ruined' goddess, she was biased, but now his words confirmed what she had been thinking. They punished innocent people for their own actions. She clenched one of her hands, glaring up towards the sky. "Humans... could do much better witout tem... I tink..." she said, baring her teeth slightly.

Rose could imagine a world without the gods. A world where you could take charge of your own destiny and not have to worry about offending a 'higher' power. She smiled to herself. She knew her sister would say the same thing. Ophelia had just been another child from the goddess of love, a goddess who had only bothered to claim Ophelia, but nothing else. Rose chewed on her lower lip. It was a beautiful idea, to get rid of the gods, but she had no idea how a couple of demigods could manage it.
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Sin laid a hand on Roses shoulder and smiled he knew her mind was conflicted but he had said enough time was the best negotiator of all. "Look Rose sleep on it OK time will help you see what you need to do. Sin slid his books into his bags and smiled at her. "Find me when you decide OK. With that Sin walked out of the library holding his bag close it held the key to his success.

(Exit)

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose MacBeath Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Rose watched him go. His idea was a brilliant one. She could still imagine a world unburdened by olympians or titans. She rubbed her temples. She had to think about it. It was so much to consider. Rose had never been one to stray from the rules. Their rules though, were corrupt and wrong. She knew it. She smiled. She didn't need to sleep on it. She knew what she would do. She closed her books and put them in her bag, before walking out of the library, off towards her dorm room. Tomorrow, she would find Sin and tell him that she was siding with him.

-exit-
Rose MacBeath
Rose MacBeath

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:12 pm

I didn't want to relog as Rose, but I had to post this:

TOPIC CLOSED
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down