Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restless (Invite Only)

4 posters

Go down

Restless (Invite Only) Empty Restless (Invite Only)

Post by Airlia Gullveig Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Airlia took a shot at the target in front of her. Her arrow shot right into the center of the bullseye... which was about 100 yards away. She smiled in satisfaction. With 1500 years of practice, and a blessed bow, she never missed anymore. Airlia was wearing what she usually did: a loose tunic with no sleeves and loose pants. She was barefoot at the moment, her boots sitting a little ways away, and her curly hair was knotted up on top of her head. She was in the camp with the rest of the Hunters, waiting for lady Artemis to return. Airlia had spent a while pacing, and then hunting for food, more pacing, and now she was doing target practice. She felt restless. She wanted to get back on the move.

She stretched her arms above her head, before taking two arrows and nocking them both on the bow. She aimed and shot them, both of them thudding into the bullseye. She walked towards the target at a leisurely pace, before yanking the arrows out. She hadn't shot them hard so it took very little pressure from her to remove them, and they looked to still be usable. She'd do well to sharpen them though. She sighed, leaning against the tree and fiddling with one of the arrows, balancing it on her finger by the tip.
Airlia Gullveig
Airlia Gullveig

Back to top Go down

Restless (Invite Only) Empty Re: Restless (Invite Only)

Post by Rin Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 pm

(OOC: I Don't feel like logging into Artemis right now, so I'll post as her on this account. >.> Please forgive meh?)
Artemis had returned from the meeting on Olympus, thinking of what to tell her hunters - well, she may leave out the part of Hades joining the ranks in Olympus. Artemis may not have much against him, but her hunters may not enjoy the word of Hades joining Olympus.
Almost immediately she decided against not telling her hunters. To Artemis, she and her hunters were like a family - she would hold nothing from them.
She was dressed in her regular human form, size and all - still, Artemis had no wish to make a big deal of her appearance. That was Aphrodite's job.
She appeared in a flash of silver light, her eyes falling onto one of the targets, that appeared to have various holes close or straight on the bullseye - something Artemis wasn't surprised of. Her hunters were the best of the best - something that Artemis wanted to keep.
"Greetings. How are you since I left?" She asked, looking at the hunters, feeling at home immediately.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Airlia Gullveig Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:01 pm

OOC: It's all good.

IC:

Airlia looked up in relief as Lady Artemis appeared. "M'lady," she said, giving her a short bow, before stepping forwards. "Things have been... restless," she said, keeping her tone respectful. She was one of the oldest Hunters, but she was rarely informal or casual around Artemis. The idea of it was almost repulsive. "No attacks or the like, nothing out of the ordinary really," she said, her british accent, changing the way she said her words slightly. She, in one quick movement unstrung her bow and put it back in the small curved holder she had for it on her back. She stuck her arrows back into her quiver and began careful coiling the string.

"If I may inquire, how was the meeting on Mount Olympus?" she asked, her brown eyes hinting at her curiosity. She had been to Olympus a few times before. It was a beautiful place, but all of the gods there seemed more chaotic then they would have been separate from each other. She also didn't enjoy seeing her mother much. Aphrodite was not someone Airlia thought of well.
Airlia Gullveig
Airlia Gullveig

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Artemis nodded to Airlia as she bowed, her expression already seeming more relaxed than when she first appeared. Always, coming to meetings with the Olympians wasn't that fun - actually, it was quite boring. Except for the food Zeus or other gods provide.
She sat down on a log gracefully, appearing unbothered how it would mess up the dress she was wearing. Like said before, Artemis couldn't give a Minotaur's ass about fashion - the hunt was what she lived for, and hunting wasn't exactly always clean.
"That sounds like fun..." She spoke in cheerful sarcasm when Airlia finished telling her about what happened, seeming to be in a good mood.
At the mention of how the meeting on Olympus was, Artemis became a little more serious. "Well, actually." She paused, looking up at her hunters she stood gracefully. "My uncle, Poseidon, has brought up a topic that we are familiar with - the minor gods visiting the titans in their various imprisonments. Despite only seeing a few near our hunting grounds, those are not the only titans the minor gods are visiting... very few: they are being visited all around the world." She explained. Artemis paused, recalling the words that Poseidon had said. "Because of the thought that the minor gods may be plotting behind the Olympian's backs, we have also decided to allow Hades to return to Olympus."
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Airlia Gullveig Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Airlia sat crosslegged on the ground in front of Artemis as she sat. Her expression stayed serious as she listened to what she had been saying. She knew about all of the minor gods meeting with the titans; she had sensed some when she was on solo hunting trips. However what Artemis said last made her gape. "Hades... returning to Olympus?" she asked, her brown eyes even bigger in her surprise. She didn't have a big opinion on Lord Hades, but she knew it would take a big threat to get the Olympians to let him return to Olympus.

"What will happen to the underworld then?" she asked, reaching up to undo her hair and reknot it. "And... what is your opinion of it M'lady?" she asked carefully. She leaned back on one arm, rubbing her bicep with one hand. Her muscles were a little sore from a big workout she had gotten yesterday.
Airlia Gullveig
Airlia Gullveig

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Artemis was anticipating her reaction - Airlia probably didn't think too well about Hades, or saw him as a threat to Olympus. In perspective, if any of the Olympians - including Hades - turned on Olympus, they were a threat. Just hopefully Hades wouldn't try to trick them, or worse.
"I don't know." Artemis replied, though she appeared to not mind the fact - she didn't care about admitting something that she didn't know. Though when she did, she'd definitely find out the answer sooner or later. "He may choose to multitask the underworld and Olympus, or let Persephone run it. Honestly, I do not know - it's not my place to say." With her next question, she thought for a moment. What was her opinion? "I'm fairly neutral... I don't exactly trust him, though I see this as a chance to get a powerful ally in case the minor gods are truly trying to overrun us or turn against us."
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:02 pm

OOC: I also didn't feel like relogging, lols XD

IC: "M'lady... if you don't mind me saying... do you think the minor gods are drawn to the titans because of what they offer? They may have been a brutal force but I don't see that the minor gods are being treated much different, though the disrespect for them seems more subtle now," she said carefully. She bit her lip. "I mean no disrespect, I just mean... perhaps what we should be looking to do is to find out why they are interested in the titans." Her british accent and careful tone made her words sound gentler and less rude then they would have been coming from anyone else.

Airlia knew that she had little right to go further with the subject, so she concentrated on wrapping her bowstring up in its oiled package. She had brought up this subject a couple times before this, one in 1560 and once back in 1937 during World War II.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:27 pm

OOC: lol xD

IC, foo:

Artemis thought, getting what she was saying. Though, she wasn't upset by it - it was a very good point, Artemis couldn't deny that. Now if she were blaming the Olympians for any other stupid reason, then Artemis would get mad.
When it comes to Artemis, she listens to good points, despite what they might mean.
"You bring up a good point; I'm not offended by it." She smiled a little. "Now that I think of it, your point is very logical."

OOC... again: Sorry for short post D:
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Airlia Gullveig Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

OOC: lols, its all good.

IC: Airlia felt a little relieved at her reaction. "M'lady... I am not one to be able to address the Olympians so. Some are... quick to anger, begging m'lady's pardon. But... I don't know if it is something to be... looked over. I don't think to assume that my idea is right, but..." she trailed off at the end. She bit her lower lip as she waited for the goddess' reaction.

OOC: Also short. Sorry. XD
Airlia Gullveig
Airlia Gullveig

Back to top Go down

Post by 『Artemis』 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Artemis listened to her, smirking briefly at the mention of the Olympians being quick to anger. Quick to anger? Definitely. Though, luckily Artemis was pretty easy going... until it came to a hunter breaking an oath. When that happened, expect to be changed into an animal and hunted down.

"Like I said, you bring up a very good point, one that even I can't deny. We Olympians may have not treated the minor gods fairly; it makes sense if they would turn against us because of that, if they have turned against us at all." Artemis paused. "We can look into it, if you truly want." She asked, looking at Airlia in the eye, though it wasn't to intimidate her at all - it was simply to see if she truly wanted to look into it.
『Artemis』
『Artemis』

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Airlia hesitated before nodding, also meeting her in the eyes. "I think it would be prudent to bring that possibility up with the other Olympians m'lady," she said, rolling back slightly on her wrist so it wouldn't fall asleep. She brushed a strand of long curly hair behind one ear, still watching the goddess. She could tell that Artemis wasn't trying to intimidate her. She'd seen when Artemis wanted to be intimidating, and it was not something to laugh at.

She fidgeted slightly, taking a glance at the other hunters. Most were out on a hunting party, though some were in their tents. It was getting close to dark now and soon the entire camp would be radiating a silver light. She sighed in peace. She loved the night. It was so mysterious. Then she looked back at Artemis, waiting for her response.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:28 am

Artemis nodded once, despite knowing that the other Olympians would be upset even at the very idea of it. She'd be lying if she didn't think the Olympians were flawed - everything had their flaws. Yet again, her inner Olympian pride made her feel that those flaws were very, very minimal.

"The thought of that sounds quite dangerous..." Artemis noted, though wasn't against it. "I believe we should look deeper into this, possibly attempt to interrogate one of the minor gods if we find them in the act of visiting the titans." She offered, resting her head in the palm of her hand. Almost in response a dove fluttered down from the nearby tree, landing fearlessly on Artemis's shoulder who did not flinch nor make any move that would scare the dove. Rising her hand she gently pet the dove, thinking.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Airlia bowed her head. "That sounds wise m'lady," she said. She looked up again as the dove landed on Artemis' shoulder. Her face tightened slightly. When she was younger and mortal she had loved doves. They had flocked to her whenever she was outside. They were sacred to her mother and she had adored them. Now they were just a painful reminder of her heritage. She caught the dove's eye, staring it straight on, before averting her gaze.

She felt like she had betrayed something inside of her, having her mother be Aphrodite. She sighed again, this time sounding more tired and stretched then wistful. She ran her fingers through the loose dirt, not paying attention as she began to automatically draw symbols. Her clan symbol, a rose, and then a dove. She was staring up at the sky, her hand moving of its own accord.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down